USAT SMW Region Council
Listed below are the current members and their function on the SMW Council. Click on each for more info.
- Frank Cortese - Chair & Coaching
- John Ricca - Vice Chair, Youth Recognition, Hall Of Fame
- Doug Fairchild - Secretary, Youth U23, High School
- Jane Hresko - Treasurer, Clubs
- Desiree White - Championships
- Tracy Byrd - Women's Committee
- Keith Kotar - Collegiate
- Shea Needham - Paratriathlon
- Marti Greer - Race Directors
- Dave Young - Communications
South Midwest Representatives (not on the Council)
The region is always interested in people who can commit time to the sport. If you are interested in becoming more involved, then read on to find out how.
Run for a place on the council
We would advise you to first speak with anyone of the current council members to find out about what they do, and how much time they spend.
Become a race volunteer
Local Triathlon and Duathlon event directors are always in need of free assistance. You can often get free T-shirts and food. See any race director.
Get involved with Youth development or special clinics
Contact any one of the council members. Some of them are chairman that oversee these areas for our region. Give them a call to see about any opportunities.