There will be a clinic for certifying new USAT officials in conjunction with the 4th Annual Oktoberfest Triathlon on Saturday, October 11, 2015. i Tri Events has helped secure a venue to host the clinic the day prior to the race. There is no charge for attending a clinic.
The Officials Certification Clinic consists of about three hours of classroom lecture and discussion. Each clinic has a limited number of spaces and applicants are urged to reserve a space early. On race day, the clinic participant will be assigned to marshal some portion of the race, under the supervision of the clinic instructor.
Requirements for an official include:
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in officiating.
- Be in good physical condition, weigh less than 215 pounds, and be capable of riding for hours at a time as a passenger on a motorcycle.
- Be a member of USA Triathlon.
- Satisfactorily complete the written examination of the Competitive Rules.
- Attend, participate, and complete classroom session of clinic.
- Participate satisfactorily in the race practicum.